As if being stung by thousands of bees wasn’t bad enough, he was abandoned by his family at a shelter after the incident. A deaf Pit Bull dog arrives at the shelter with life-threatening blisters all over his body. Rescuers later gave him the name Stinger.
They even tried to ᴋɪʟʟ the dog because there was no way to cure it.
At that point, Carri Shipaila, owner of LuvnPupz Rescue in Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan, stepped in to assist. She got in the car as soon as she learned about Stinger and drove for almost an hour to pick him up from the shelter. She immediately begins working to save Stinger’s life when his family regretfully refuses to adopt him. Stings, later skin infections, and sarcoptic scabies have all been treated.
Unfortunately, he eventually developed the autoimmune disease Pemphigus, which will affect him for the rest of his life. He will never be adopted due to the high cost of care, but he has found a loving forever home with the adopter and will continue to receive care and therapy through LuvnPupz.
Since being abandoned at the shelter, Stinger has come a long way. His intense blisters have now healed and he wears a gorgeous white coat.
He is growing into his new life in a loving home and is an adorable, happy dog!